These are just a few basic pointers that could support you in your relationship. I’m no expert, but it doesn’t take Aphrodite to have some common sense 😉
- Don’t fall asleep angry, ever. If you do happen to fall asleep after an argument, if you wake up in the middle of the night, hold him/her close. A silent apology.
- It’s OK to laugh during sex! If you bang heads, laugh! Have fun with it. If there’s no laughter between you both, then you’re with the wrong person.
- Dance naked together. Be naked together. If you don’t feel comfortable showing your partner your lumps and bumps, then you’re with the wrong guy/gal.
- Being romantic isn’t for everyone – believe me! But a post-it note in your partner’s coat, or a note on the pillow after you’ve left for work telling them you love them/miss them will never go amiss.
- Don’t cling to them when you’re out. Dance with your friends, mingle with people – but send them the odd cheeky wink from across the room.
- Keep everything 50/50 or you will both fall out of balance with each other.
- Never compare your relationship to others. You are you, don’t try to be someone else.
- Be kind. Give them space when they need it, but be their home when they come back.
- Be proud to love them.
- Support them through everything they do/want to do in life – even the stupid decisions or far away dreams. People need to make their own mistakes, but be there for them if it does all fall – and never say ‘I told you so’.
But most of all, love the with all your heart, or don’t love them at all.